Monday, March 5, 2012

RIP: Paul Haines (1970-2012)

This sad day sees the ascendance to Heaven of Mr. Paul Haines.

I first encountered Paul Haines’ fiction in Amanda Pillar & Pete Kempshall’s “Scenes from the Second Storey”. His story from that exceptional anthology, “I’ve Seen the Man”, was one of the best of the collections and had one of the strongest impacts on my thoughts. I re-read it today, because in the light of Paul Haines passing away “I’ve Seen the Man” reveals new depths, more meaningful and profound then before. I’ve also leafed Paul Haines’ collection “Slice of Life” last year, released in electronic format by Morrigan Books, and I am happy to see that Paul Haines leaves behind some wonderful works, but very sad to know that he will not offer us more. The world is a poorer place without Mr. Paul Haines!

No comments: