Monday, April 9, 2012

Cover art - "Chronicles of the Raven" by James Barclay (French edition)

Among my favorite fantasy book covers are the Raymond Swanland’s beauties adorning the Pyr editions of James Barclay’s quartet of novels from the “Legends of the Raven” series. I mentioned more than a few times that I am a great admirer of Raymond Swanland’s unique art touch and I am always thrilled to see his artworks when they come at such high quality. And once again Raymond Swanland has made my heart sing. This time, with a new series of covers for the same James Barclay, but for the three novels in the “Chronicles of the Raven” trilogy and their new French editions due to be released by Milady, an imprint of Bragelonne, this month. I have to congratulate again Bragelonne for making yet another excellent choice for their book covers, choosing this time to follow the line of covers from the Pyr editions of James Barclay’s “Legend of the Raven” and bringing three new wonderful artworks from the amazing Raymond Swanland.

4 comments:

Federico said...

These are certainly beautiful covers. Ray also did lots of concept art for one of my favourite game series, Oddworld. He's clearly a very talented artist.

Mihai A. said...

He is one of the best in my opinion. And I do hope to see more of his works in the future :)

Katey said...

Oh wow, absolutely love those covers... gotta find 'em!

Mihai A. said...

Katey, sometimes I wish I could win at lottery and gather some of the foreign editions such as this just for their covers. It would also help me learn new languages :)