Monday, January 28, 2013

Cover art - "Perfect Shadow" by Brent Weeks (Spanish edition)

I am a little late to this party, but being a great admirer of Raymond Swanland’s artworks I cannot help myself. I discovered Raymond Swanland’s artwork for Brent Weeks“Perfect Shadow” through the publisher of the Spanish edition of the novella, Plaza & Janes, but I understand that the same artwork adorns the cover of the limited edition published by Subterranean Press. It is true that the artwork features a hooded figure, a trait seen too often on the fantasy book covers, but with the rest of the picture carrying Raymond Swanland’s magical touch I find it easier to ignore this small detail. So, with your permission, I must admit once again that I can’t get enough of Raymond Swanland’s amazing art.

No comments: